A direct technique with extensive individual coaching by an award-winning acting coach and director that includes professional advice for the working actor in the competitive film and television industry.
This Ongoing Class is designed to ease the actor into the skills necessary to become a professional actor.
Each session is complete with lessons, exercises, and coaching on monologues, scenes, cold readings and auditions.
The Jentzen Technique brings power and clarity to the actor’s preparation and process, and provides a foundation so that the actor can build confidence in their skill. Kimberly selects material for the actor’s work. Actors receive lessons with handouts so that the actor has clarity on each lesson.
The lessons rotate over a 6-month period so that a thorough understanding of technique is acquired.
- POWER OF STRONG AND ORIGINAL CHOICES: how to make them
- Power Tool: Playing the Love and EXERCISE
- POWER TOOL: IMAGES and EXERCISES
- POWER OF RELEASING FEAR: Anatomy of Fear – process of building confidence
- POWER TOOL: EMOTIONAL CONTENT and EXERCISES: expanding your emotional range with the imagination.
- POWER OF STRENGTHENING THE ACTOR’S FOCUS: being an artist in a business.
- POWER OF IMAGES and VISUALIZATION: Lightness and Ease Exercise to ignite the actor’s concentration, focus and imagination.
- RULES OF IMPROVISATION and IMPROVISATION EXERCISES
- Power Tool: owning the character POWER OF THE FIRST READ with EXERCISES: Script Analysis, The Eight Inquiries and Five Ownerships
- POWER TOOL: THE OBJECTIVE – how to find it and make the most of it
- POWER OF RISK TAKING and more on MAKING STRONG CHOICES
- POWER TOOL: INNER ACTIONS with EXERCISES: Build on the tools that give you an edge in every reading and performance.
- POWER TOOL: GENRE: Film, Television, Drama, Sitcom, Dramady and Comedy.
- INDUSTRY DISCUSSIONS and Q & A: the anatomy of the Entertainment Industry, Kimberly’s insights on how to set yourself up for success and create opportunities and a sustainable career.
All actors work every session.
Deposit required to hold space
For an Introduction to The Jentzen Technique, please email us at: email@example.com